10 Ways to Prevent Acrobat Ants
- Regularly clean and inspect your home for any openings or cracks that may provide access to acrobat ants. Pay particular attention to the window frames, door frames, baseboards, attic vents, plumbing pipes and electrical outlets.
- Make sure that all firewood is stored away from the house and preferably up off the ground. Acrobat ants love to inhabit moisture rich wood piles and can easily enter your home this way.
- Keep food tightly sealed in plastic containers or jars and store them in a dry place, like a pantry or cupboard. Acrobat ants are attracted to sugary items as well as proteins such as pet food, bird seed, and meat scraps.
- Trim overhanging tree limbs close to your home’s roofline as acrobat ants use these limbs to gain entry into the attic space of your home.
- Seal any cracks around windows, doors and other areas of your home with caulk or weatherstriping to prevent entry points for acrobat ants into the interior of your house.
5 More Ways to Prevent Acrobat Ants
- When bringing in new plants into the yard, carefully examine them for any signs of ant infestation before planting them in soil around your property’s perimeter – acrobat ants will often use potted plants as transportation from one location to another when seeking a new habitat within Rutherford County homesites!
- If you notice an increase in ant activity around your home it is important that you identify if these are indeed acrobat ants rather than another species since treatment methods vary based on the type of ant present in your yard area – eradication of one species may not be effective against another type of ant infestation!
- Keep gutters clear of debris and make sure they are properly draining away from your foundation walls; failure to do this can create damp spots on which acrobat ants feed while increasing their chances of gaining access inside through basement windows or doorways leading from outside into interior spaces!
- Practice integrated pest management (IPM) by regularly inspecting potential problem areas both inside AND outside – early detection is key when it comes to preventing an acrobat ant infestation so be diligent about checking for signs of activity periodically throughout Rutherford County properties!
10 . Finally, consider hiring an experienced pest control professional who has experience dealing with acrobat ant infestations; they have access to specialized equipment necessary for long-term control – such as baiting systems – which could help protect homes from future intrusions by these pesky pests!
Prevent Problems with Acrobat Ants by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.