10 Ways on Preventing Carpenter Ants
- Inspect your home regularly for signs of carpenter ant activity, such as sawdust piles and galleries or tunnels in the wood structure.
- Seal any cracks or crevices in the exterior walls of your home to prevent entry points for carpenter ants.
3. Reduce humidity inside your house by using dehumidifiers and fans. Make sure to keep all damp areas clean and dry.
4. Trim back shrubs and trees from the outside walls of your house. This will reduce shelter for carpenter ants that may be nesting outside near your home’s foundation.
5. Remove any rotting wood, stumps, and logs from around the area. Since these can provide a nesting ground for carpenter ants looking to infest Rutherford County Tennessee homes.
6. Repair any leaking faucets, pipes, or other moisture sources inside and outside your home. Especially that could attract carpenter ant colonies looking for water sources in hot summer conditions.
4 more Ways on Preventing Carpenter Ants
7. Store firewood away from your home’s foundation as far as possible. Since it can attract carpenters ants looking for food sources. Food sources close to their nest sites in Rutherford County Tennessee homes during summer months..
8. Keep kitchen surfaces clean at all times and don’t leave any spills or food crumbs behind. As this can attract carpenter ants into Rutherford County Tennessee homes. They are looking for food sources during summer months when colony numbers are high.
9. Consider using bait traps containing borax or other insecticides. To help control existing infestations of carpenter ants in Rutherford County Tennessee homes . Make sure to use these according to manufacturer recommendations. As misuse could damage surrounding vegetation or cause health risks if used incorrectly indoors..
10. Finally consider consulting a professional pest control specialist if you believe there may be an infestation of carpenter ants in Rutherford County Tennessee. Especially if it is beyond what you can handle yourself . A professional exterminator will have access to more powerful treatments. This could help eradicate existing colonies quickly. While also offering advice on how best to prevent further infestations in the future
Prevent Problems with Carpenter Ants by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.