10 Ways of Preventing Carpet Beetles
- Vacuum carpets and upholstered furniture regularly to remove larvae, egg cases, and shed skin from the fabrics.
- Keep pet areas clean and groomed to reduce fur, which is a food source for carpet beetles.
3. Store clothing and bedding in airtight containers or bags so that carpet beetles cannot lay eggs on them.
4. Use a vacuum cleaner with good suction power to remove eggs and larvae. You have it remove from carpets, cracks, and crevices where they are commonly found.
5. Move furniture away from walls to ensure thorough vacuuming of all areas in the room.
6. Replace window screens with tight-weave mesh screens. To ward off adult carpet beetles that enter through windows or doors. This will also help keep out other pests such as mosquitoes and moths.
7. Use a high quality insecticide to spray on carpets, upholstered furniture, baseboards, cracks in the walls and other places. Where carpet beetles may hide or lay their eggs.
8. Install weather stripping around windows and door frames. To help prevent adult carpet beetles from entering your home from outside sources. Such as gardens or woodpiles where they feed on plant matter. Like leaves or flowers during the summer months when temperatures are warm enough for them to survive outside of the home environment year round in Rutherford County Tennessee..
9. Dispose of old rugs that have been infested by carpet beetles. So the infestation does not spread to other parts of the house .
10. Have your home inspected by a professional exterminator regularly. Have them look for signs of an infestation. Which can be difficult to identify without proper training or experience. As some species are small enough they can be hard to detect even under close inspection
Prevent Problems with Carpet Beetles by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with Carpet Beetles in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.