10 Ways on Preventing Common Cockroaches
- Seal off all entry points into your home. Pay special attention to cracks and crevices around doors, windows, and any other openings. These can be sealed using a caulk gun and silicone-based sealant.
- Keep your pantry items stored in airtight containers or plastic bags. As cockroaches are known to feast on grains, cereals, and other food items stored in cardboard boxes. Additionally, make sure that you store pet food in sealed containers away from areas frequented by roaches.
3. Clean up crumbs or spills immediately after they occur. So as not to attract hungry roaches looking for an easy meal. This includes wiping down counters and cleaning floors regularly. To avoid attracting cockroach populations.
4. Install traps or bait stations. That are specifically designed to target common species of cockroaches living in Rutherford County Tennessee. (including American cockroach and Australian cockroach) Make sure that the traps or bait stations you use are safe for humans and pets to come into contact with them.
5. Reduce moisture levels throughout your home by fixing any plumbing issues that may be causing leaks. Also, maintaining proper ventilation in bathrooms and kitchen areas. Where humidity is higher than normal. Also, fix any leaky faucets or pipes immediately. So as not to draw a population of roaches into the area looking for a source of water.
6. Have your home treated professionally on a regular basis by a qualified pest management professional. Who is knowledgeable about the particular species of cockroaches living in Rutherford County Tennessee. (including American cockroach and Australian cockroach) This will ensure that any existing populations are eliminated effectively and efficiently. Before they become a major issue for homeowners.
7. Remind family members not to leave dishes sitting out overnight. As this can encourage roach infestation in the home. Due to their presence being attracted by food residues left behind on dishes. That have not been washed properly or quickly enough before nightfall arrives each day..
8. Avoid bringing used furniture such as couches or mattresses into your house. Especially, if there is any possibility of them having been exposed to an infestation beforehand. As these pieces of furniture provide ideal hiding spots for roaches. Which can lead to further infestations rapidly once inside the home environment..
9. Vacuum carpets regularly – particularly near baseboards – as dust build-up often serves as an ideal environment for roach eggs. Which then increase risk of increased populations if not dealt with appropriately.
10. Utilize an insecticidal spray around any entry points likely used by pests such as along window sills, under door frames etc. When combined with other preventative measures this should help reduce chances of infestation significantly over time..
Prevent Problems with Cockroaches by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.