9 Ways on Preventing Hornets
- Trim or remove overhanging branches and shrubbery: Hornets typically build nests in these areas, so trimming them back can prevent hornets from settling there.
- Inspect outdoor furniture for hornet activity: If you notice any signs of hornet activity – such as a hive, discarded wings, or damaged wood – take action to remove the infestation before it grows out of control.
3. Seal all access points to your home: Hornets are excellent climbers and can enter through even the smallest openings, so make sure all windows and doors are properly sealed. This will help keep them from entering your home and nesting inside.
4. Maintain an insect-free environment: Hornets are attracted to sugary foods, so keep food and drinks covered when outdoors, or store them away when not in use to prevent attracting hungry hornets.
5. Use yellow lights outside your home: Hornet’s eyesight is highly sensitive to yellow light and they may be less likely to stay if exposed to it frequently.
4 More Ways on Preventing Hornets
6. Plant deterrents around your property: Certain herbs (such as spearmint) and trees (like eucalyptus) can act as natural repellents against hornets due to their strong scent that they find unpleasant.
7. Install insect screens on windows and doors: This will give an extra layer of security against unwelcome critters like hornets trying make their way inside your home uninvited!
8. Try using wasp traps around the yard: These specialized devices work by luring wasps (and potentially other insects) with bait before trapping them within the device for easy disposal afterwards – just make sure you keep well away from the trap while in operation!
9. Try spraying a diluted solution of vinegar around the perimeter of your property once a month: Hornet bites can be painful and dangerous if left unchecked, which is why it’s important that you take preventive measures whenever possible – this solution acts as an effective deterrent against unwanted guests!
Prevent Problems with Hornets by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.