8 Was on Preventing Mosquitoes
- Remove any standing water from your property, such as birdbaths, old tires, and other containers that can collect water. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water, so eliminating these sources eliminates the chance for female mosquitoes to breed.
- Wear insect repellent when outdoors. Repellents containing DEET (N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide), picaridin (KBR 3023), IR3535 (3-[N-butyl-N-acetyl]-aminopropionic acid ethyl ester) are all effective at preventing mosquito bites and should be applied according to label directions.
3. Install or repair window and door screens to keep mosquitoes out of your house or place of business. Even small holes or tears in screens can let in a lot of mosquitoes! Make sure all doors and windows are properly sealed when not in use.
4. Use fans around open patios and decks to create an air flow that will keep the mosquitoes away from you while you’re enjoying some outdoor time with friends and family. Mosquitoes don’t like windy areas because it makes it harder for them to fly and land on a person’s skin!
5. Plant mosquito repelling plants around your property – citronella grass, rosemary, lavender, lemon balm, basil, marigolds, garlic chives – have all been proven to help repel mosquitoes away naturally without having to use sprays or other forms of chemical treatments. The essential oils released by these plants keeps mosquitos away without harming the environment or pollinating insects like bees!
3 More ways on Preventing Mosquitoes
6. Avoid strong fragrances when spending time outdoors – fragrances attract mosquitos by providing an alternate source of food for females looking for blood meals for their eggs! Strong perfumes, aftershaves, and body sprays are likely to draw more mosquitos than you want near you during outdoor activities.
7. Get rid of anything that attracts mosquitos – garbage cans that collect rainwater; overgrown vegetation; places where animals visit often; flower pots; bird feeders; pet dishes – all provide ideal breeding grounds for mosquitos! Empty anything that collects water frequently throughout the week if possible to avoid allowing stagnant water to accumulate in unwanted places on your property which may become home to hundreds of annoying pests!
8. Consider using a mosquito control service – there are special services available in Rutherford County Tennessee which specialize in mosquito control through specialized methods tailored specifically towards eradicating pesky insect infestations in residential areas! They employ a multi-level approach including both conventional methods (fogging/spraying) as well as natural techniques such as larvicides which attack the immature life stages of mosquitoes before they become adults capable of biting humans and animals alike!
Prevent Problems with Mosquitoes by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.