8 Ways on Preventing Wasps
- Make sure to keep outdoor garbage cans tightly sealed. Paper wasps are often drawn to the smell of food, so it’s important to make sure no odors are leaking out.
- Keep tree branches trimmed and away from your home and other structures on the property. Paper wasps will build their nests near eaves, ledges, and window sills if they can gain access that way.
3. Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clear of any debris or obstructions that could serve as a nesting spot. If you have lights outside your home, check them frequently for nests since paper wasps may be attracted to the light source in search of prey like insects or spiders.
4. Inspect any area on your property that has been undisturbed for awhile, such as an old shed or garage; paper wasps may take up residence in these locations if left unchecked for long periods of time since they provide protection from harsh weather and predators alike.
5. Store firewood away from the home in a dry location that is at least 20 feet away from structures on the property – paper wasps may use wood piles as additional nesting sites if given access to them easily enough due to their proximity to the home or other structures on the property.
3 More Ways on Preventing Wasps
6. Install screens on windows and doors where possible; this will help deter paper wasps from entering your home through cracks and gaps around these entry points into your dwelling space; it also helps limit access by other pests as well, providing an added bonus of protection against multiple pests all at once!
7. Check window frames regularly for any signs of damage or deterioration which could serve as easy entry points for paper wasps into your home; repair any damage immediately when found in order to prevent further problems with infestations or other insect problems caused by larger openings than necessary being present in these areas around windows and doors leading into the house itself.
8. Use pesticides around potential nesting sites if necessary; however caution should be taken when doing so since many chemical treatments contain toxins which can harm both humans and animals alike; it is best to consult a professional pest control company to assess the situation fully before attempting chemical treatments yourself without proper training or understanding of what is involved with such treatments involving hazardous materials used within them – safety first!
Prevent Problems with Paper Wasps by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.