10 Ways on Preventing Pharaoh Ants
- Seal up cracks and crevices in your home’s foundation and walls – Pharaoh ants can enter a home through even the smallest of cracks, so it’s important to seal them up to prevent an invasion.
- Use caulk or weather-stripping around windows and doors – Ensure that there are no gaps larger than 1/8 inch around doorframes and window frames so that pharaoh ants cannot enter the home.
3. Store food properly – Make sure all food items are sealed tightly in airtight containers or bags and stored away from potential ant entry points.
4. Keep kitchen counters clean – Wipe down kitchen counters regularly with a disinfectant cleaner to remove any crumbs or other food sources that may be attractive to pharaoh ants.
5. Remove clutter – Clutter such as piles of papers, books, clothing can provide an ideal nesting site for pharaoh ants; make sure these items are kept organized and stored away from ant entry points.
6. Place baits strategically near ant trails – Placing baits near known ant trails can help reduce the overall population of pharaoh ants living on your property by enticing them into taking the bait back to their colony mates which will eventually reduce their numbers significantly over time..
4 More Ways Preventing Pharaoh Ants
7. Monitor pest activity regularly – Regularly check for signs of ant activity inside or outside of your home. Such as tiny black trails along baseboards or windowsills or small piles of sawdust-like material near any entry points. Which could indicate a possible infestation has begun. If you find signs contact a professional pest control company immediately for further advice on how best to handle the situation before it gets out of hand!
8.Reduce outdoor harborages – Trim back vegetation and shrubbery from around your home’s exterior walls. This will create fewer places for pharaoh ants to hide while searching for food sources inside your property!
9. Remove sources of moisture – Make sure all plumbing leaks are fixed quickly. As standing water provides an excellent environment for many types of pests including pharaoh ants. Also make sure all gutter systems are functioning properly so that rainwater is not able to collect near the foundation and attract pests!
10. Increase sanitation habits – Make sure all garbage cans have secure lids on them when not in use. As garbage cans tend to be hot spots for attracting many kinds of pests including ants. Also make sure any pet dishes are washed thoroughly each day after feeding time!
Prevent Problems with Pharaoh Ants by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.