10 Ways on Preventing Sawtoothed Grain Beetles
- Firstly, store food in airtight containers. This will help keep the sawtoothed grain beetle away from your food and protect it from contamination.
- Secondly, regularly inspect for signs of infestation. Check pantries, cupboards, storage containers, and other areas. Where food is stored for any signs of sawtoothed grain beetles or their larvae.
3. Thirdly, clean up spills immediately. Sawtoothed grain beetles are attracted to food sources. Additionally, cleaning up any spills or crumbs immediately will help prevent an infestation.
4. Place a bay leaf in your pantry. Bay leaves are known to naturally repel pests like the sawtoothed grain beetle. Also, place a few in your pantry to ward off these unwanted guests!
5. Scrub shelves and drawers regularly. Furthermore, use a mild detergent to clean shelves and drawers on a regular basis. As this will help eliminate any eggs or larvae that may be present.
6. Maintain good ventilation in your home. The sawtoothed grain beetle needs moisture to survive. So ensuring good air circulation can help prevent an infestation from occurring or worsening.
4 Additional ways on Preventing Sawtoothed Grain Beetles
7. Avoid overcrowding your pantry. Allowing too much space between items can create hiding places for the sawtoothed grain beetle. So make sure that everything is neatly organized to reduce the chances of them finding a place to hide inside your home or business premises.
8. Seal cracks and crevices around windows and doors. The sawtoothed grain beetle has been known to enter buildings through cracks and crevices. So sealing any such areas is highly recommended if you want to avoid an infestation in Rutherford County, Tennessee!
9. Dispose of contaminated food items immediately. If you find any items which have been contaminated by a sawtoothed grain beetle. Dispose of it immediately in order to prevent further contamination of other food sources within your home or business premises!
10. Monitor temperatures within the structure. Sawtooth grain beetles need warm temperatures (75F-85F)to reproduce and thrive. So maintaining cooler temperatures can help deter them from entering into your home or business premises!
Prevent Problems with Sawtoothed Grain Beetles by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.