10 Ways on Preventing Termites
- Investigate your home and property for signs of termites: Inspect your home, foundation and basement regularly for mud tubes, swarms, wings or other signs of termite activity.
- Reduce excess moisture around the exterior of your home: Make sure the soil around your house’s foundation slopes away from the building and that drains are unblocked and working properly to prevent water from pooling near the foundation. Repair any leaks in plumbing or fix gutters and downspouts that are not draining correctly.
3. Store firewood away from the home: Keep wood piles at least 20 feet away from your Rutherford County home, as this can attract termites to feed on it.
4. Seal cracks in foundations or walls: Use caulk to fill any cracks near windows or doors where termites could enter into your home. Also, seal any gaps between siding and trim boards with paintable siliconized acrylic caulk.
5. Re-grade soil around the house: If you find that the soil is sloping towards when it should be sloping away, you should contact a professional to re-grade the area so that water runs away from your house’s foundation rather than collecting against it and eventually leading to potential termite infestations.
5 Additional ways Preventing Termites
6. Use physical barriers. Install chemical treatments such as borate treated foam insulation board or plastic sheeting. Along with a physical barrier between the soil and structure of your home. As an added layer of protection against termites in Rutherford County.
7. Treat wooden structures with insecticides. Have a pest control professional treat wooden structures such as decks or porches with insecticides like termiticides. Which can help repel termites from feeding on these areas of your property. Furthermore may be prone to infestation due to their close proximity to ground level soils where they nest most often in Tennessee climates..
8. Check plants before bringing them inside. Before bringing plants inside for indoor display, check them carefully for any signs of termite activity. As they can easily transfer over if there was an infestation on the plant prior to being brought indoors!
9. Maintain landscaping beds free of debris. Keep landscaping beds free of rotting wood stumps, dead leaves, and other organic material. Which can attract termites to these areas so they become nesting grounds for colonies that target nearby buildings instead!
10. Don’t overwater vegetation during droughts. During dry periods it is important not to overwater vegetation. Which may cause excess moisture build up creating ideal conditions for termite infestation in Rutherford County homes!
Prevent Problems with Termites by Using Pyramid Pest Control
Easiest way to prevent problems with them in Rutherford County is by partnering with Pyramid Pest Control. We will work with you and find the best program to solve this problem, in no time. Contact us at 615-663-3908 or Get a free quote.